At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This person is responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific projects. Construction knowledge is required to understand steps associated with various renovation projects, as well as the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with our clients to ensure as little impact to operations as possible. The skills needed to be successful will encompass computer knowledge to initiate contracts and to follow the progression of a job with correspondence, field directives, and all other documentation processes to complete a project. Responsibilities
- Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for a contractor submitted safety plan, and compliance with the project safety plan.
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the portfolio of projects throughout the project life. Includes: project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flows, EFCs, maintenance of job files.
- Responsible for the overall project schedule and establishing critical path milestones to ensure schedule compliance.
- Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives to achieve as seamless a project implementation as possible.
- Conduct presentations to clients.
- Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from estimating, conversion to change orders, and obtaining management approval to allow for accurate estimated final cost reporting and timely job closeout.
- Basic knowledge of building construction practices and materials
- Basic knowledge of construction accounting (budgets, cash flows, etc.)
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient computer skills with familiarity using Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and effectively and efficiently execute work
- Basic knowledge of construction and project management processes and purchasing/contract management.
- Two years in commercial facilities construction industry
- Completion of an Internship or Co-op Program in an applicable discipline
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university and at least two years of experience in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.