Manager - Project & Process Integration
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This position will be part of the Supply Chain Trade Management leadership team that manages the flow of information and product for multiple TWDC businesses; optimizing costs and resources while meeting trade compliance policy requirements.
Leader is responsible for the overall success of our trade compliance systems. Responsible to establish and maintain a long term information systems roadmap, evaluation of emerging technologies and define the features and capabilities that go into systems, in line with the corporate trade policy as well as contributing to the customer business strategy and plans.
Leader is directly leading the team responsible for strategic planning for all customer services offered, process mapping, training and change management to achieve optimal team processes, for all data integrity, data analysis and business intelligence services.
ResponsibilitiesTrade Compliance Systems Product Owner
- Representing TWDC business areas with information technology
- Establish and maintain a long term information systems roadmap, evaluation of emerging technologies and define the features and capabilities that go into systems
- Establish, monitor and CIP oversight of technology service-level agreements and performance metrics
- Owner of development team activities prioritization, and promoting agile development
- Oversight of the development and test lifecycle
- Approval of all business requirements and solution design in the context of an agile process
- Owner of all business discovery projects
- Business owner of systems projects 5YP, LOB systems cost allocations
- Develop clear product offerings, value propositions, benefits and differentiators supplied to the enterprise
- Identifies trade compliance industry trends and converts concepts into product design roadmaps and prioritize features to deliver on business goals
- Operations - architecting the specific functional activities and controls needed to realize offerings and capabilities
- Business Management - architecting the way of conducting and controlling the business capability, resources and activities
- The position strives for efficient and relevant product design with a keen sense of compliance workflows to minimize touch points and ensure efficient internal and external experiences
- Owner of Capital projects business justification and ROI in cost reduction/avoidance
- Business process improvement initiatives
- Apply business acumen and financial rigor to lead management toward decisions that maximize business performance and compliance measures
- Continuously seek out new feature functionalities and how they apply to operational efficiencies to increase profitability and external/internal customer satisfaction (Global Trade Management system needs and other new applications)
- Help to ensure key project components are in place such as setting up appropriate project organization, a clear statement of requirements and benefits, planning and scheduling project activities, controlling the execution of project plans, managing risk and quality, configuration management, and change control
- Prepare and stage project, if necessary create exception plans in conjunction with project team while partnering with the business; report and present to the business through status reports and stage assessments as a good and fair arbiter, understanding different perspectives when project situations arise and representing all best interests to find a solution
- Oversight of trade system operations
- Create policies for trade compliance activities involving the Global Trade Management system
- Participate in trade management processes such as performance evaluation, definition of metrics, and analytics
- Working knowledge of user interface to support daily operations and expected outcome confirmations
LOB Engagement Owner
- LOB liaison ownership - regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Gain a deep understanding of internal and external users to identify and fill system gaps and generate new ideas that improve customer experience and compliance measurements
- Conduct user experience research with stakeholders to understand their needs. The position will serve as the voice of the user, whether that is a customer, internal staff, external users, to advocate for an optimum user experience that is always improving and changing based on business needs and regulatory direction.
User Interface/User Experience Owner
- User experience roadmap and design that produce solutions people want to use
- User interface displays and interactions
- User training program and documentation
Data Governance and Dashboard/Reporting Owner
- User roles, system access parameters
- Data accuracy, timeliness, completeness
- BI (business intelligence) collection, analysis, presentation and dissemination
- 5 plus years’ experience with a global trade management system or equivalent.
- Knowledge of a range of systems including but not limited to: ERP’s, SAP financials, WMS, SMC, Process Weaver, and Third Party logistics.
- Deep understanding of IT management, development, EDI and how they interact with business teams.
- Experience developing roadmaps and describing and documenting detailed requirements
- 5 plus years of project management experience, business process analysis and redesign experience
- Knowledge and/or experience implementing ERP solutions to include SAP ECC, Oracle or etc); GTM solutions such as SAP GTS, Amber Road, Integration Point or Oracle GTM
- Must exhibit the leadership skills necessary to handle priorities across TWDC and to find common ground and solutions when there are conflicts in those priorities.
- Proficient in standard business office software and sql.
- Being an agent for change, who uses business architecture to initiate action and challenge others via business designs and solutions, which drive current requirements and anticipate future requirements to ensure long-term product success.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
- Proven written and oral communications skills; strong interpersonal skills with experience working with diverse teams (brokers, vendors, IT, Legal, Finance and Business Clients)
- Integration understanding (i.e. ability to support testing of integrations) including Source of Truth content and integration data elements to support global trade business needs
- Workflow (a.k.a. “agent”) creation and modification ability to support the creation of business rules if system/solution does not offer out of the box capabilities to support business needs
- Project Management (PMP), Business Analysis (CBAP) certification, Report extraction ability (based on user credentials: structured query language – basic read/write; and SQL backdoor)
- Experience with QuestaWeb GTM system
- Six Sigma, MS Project, ASAP. MS Excel, MS Access
- BS degree: Information Systems/Computer Science, Global Trade Management, Trade Compliance, Business Administration or related discipline
- MS, MBA degree: Information Systems, Computer Science, Global Trade Compliance, Business Administration or related discipline
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.