Lead Software Engineer (Kronos)
The Lead Software Engineer – Workforce Management will be the technical expert for Walt Disney Parks’ Workforce Management technology portfolio. This role will be responsible for leading the rollout of Kronos, a software package to manage hourly schedule and pay for 100k+ Cast Members. This role will also lead the construction of new software tools, overseeing the selection and deployment of off-the-shelf solutions and the overall integrations across all systems (custom and off-the-shelf). In addition to project execution, this role will also be responsible for developing technical strategic roadmap for the portfolio that incorporates business needs, technical priorities and marketplace trends. The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of the Kronos package and its capabilities along with a strong understanding of how best to integrate it with external tools/platforms. Responsibilities
- Leads large development projects; oversees project teams as required.
- Works closely with technical and non-technical leaders to strategize on delivery approach and dependency management.
- Understands business and technology priorities and translates them into actionable steps for their team.
- Oversees internal and vendor team delivered work.
- Assists with diagnosis of live site issues, evaluating and recommending the best resolution plan and executing against that plan.
- Reviews architectures, code and configurations.
- Leads programming and testing and debugging of major software development projects.
- Designs, develops, manages, creates and maintains the technical components and templates for front end web pages for client sites
- Strong understanding of the front-end technology stack; able to code against front-end and lead end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies.
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned projects.
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Influences the work of team members, other teams, and assigned projects through decisions and actions.
- Designs the component tasks of assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Serves as a high-level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers and leadership, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
- 6+ years’ of hands-on software development experience in Java or .NET.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a Kronos platform including configuration, upgrades and enhancements.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
- 2+ years of project lead experience.
Strong knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- Kronos or similar Workforce Management software package
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Expert level Java or .NET skills
- Experience with Database Design principles and query languages
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Familiarity procedural scripting languages such as Ruby, Python, PHP, JSP or ASP
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
Preferred QualificationsScrum Master Certification Required Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for. “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.