Business Insights & Analytics Internship, Fall 2018 - Orlando, FL
Merchandise Business Insights & Analytics Internship, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
The Merchandise Experience Planning & Integration team conducts business analysis and clearly articulates recommendations to help drive improvements to the Guest experience and the overall business. Key areas of analytical exploration include customer analysis, decision trees, predictive analysis, simulation analysis, demand transference, product/location sales analysis, and inventory & replenishment management. ResponsibilitiesDay in the Life:
- Understanding the merchandise line of business and identifying opportunities to leverage analytics to improve processes and drive actionable insight
- Defining key business issues to be solved while incorporating business requirements
- Supporting the conceptual development of business solutions
- Identifying, gathering, and analyzing multi-dimensional data sets utilizing a variety of tools
- Designing advanced analytical solutions that will be adopted by clients to drive efficiency and faster decision making
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Interest and desire to determine mathematical approaches to solving business problems
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to leverage multi-dimensional data sets, conduct insightful and relevant analysis, and extract key learnings
- Database knowledge and understanding of SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in utilizing SAS, or other statistical package, to analyze data
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization tools
- Strong communication through both written and verbal means
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Experience with R statistical language
- Simulation experience using Arena or equivalent
- Proficiency in SQL
- General knowledge in retail
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated (within 6 months) with a degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Business Analytics, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.