Art Design Interns, Disney’s Creative Entertainment, FL Fall 2018
Art Design Internship, Creative Entertainment, FL Fall 2018
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Creative Entertainment is a dynamic entertainment environment, offering nothing less than the perfect show for millions of guests worldwide. The Show Development & Production Design departments responsible for the development of scenic designs/ concept art and renderings/ scenic treatments/logos/graphics for live shows including parades, stage shows and special events on and off the Disney property and onboard the Disney Cruise Line.
We are looking for an experienced individual with an innovative mind-set and a passion for quality and creativity. We are seeking a passionate individual who will ensure that the Disney standards are reflected consistently in all creative materials.
ResponsibilitiesMake an impact by…
- Demonstrating knowledge of basic design, including but not limited to hand illustration as well as digital painting, computer graphics, and theatre/themed entertainment/production design
- Contributing with design research
- Collaborating as part of a team on at least one project from blue sky to completion
- Participating in appropriate Creative Entertainment seminars and meetings
Basic QualificationsYou have…
- Proficient knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Computer proficiency within a Windows environment such as Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Experience with 3D modeling architectural software that allows for accurate measurements, such as SketchUp/ Rhino/AutoCAD/ Vectorworks
Preferred QualificationsShowcase your skills in…
- Your creative background
- Knowledge of the Entertainment industry
- Gaining trust through motivation and communication
- Managing conflicting priorities
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursuing a degree in graphic design, scenic design, themed entertainment design, illustration, architecture, or related field OR have graduated within the past 6 months
- The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
- Current and up to date college transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
- **An electronic online portfolio is required as part of this application process. This portfolio must be included as a URL link listed on your resume, any other portfolio submissions will not be considered.**
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstNameLastNameType (i.e. MickeyMouseTranscript)
- Select document type
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Candidates must be fully available to work full time any time including days, nights, weekends, and holidays for the duration of the internship.
- Florida based positions only: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.