The Disney culture is enchanting and unique, and we have found a kindred spirit in the living heritage and graceful rhythm of O`ahu. Built upon 21 acres of oceanfront, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, welcomes Guests in true local fashion, calling on your natural passion and Aloha spirit to help us cultivate an experience that is upbeat, colorful and rooted in tradition. Here, you will form close connections with Cast Members and watch neighbors become friends. While our Guests take home happiness, the legends of O`ahu will become as much a part of them as they are of you.
ResponsibilitiesProvide leadership, support and motivation to direct reports by creating a positive work environment that encourages ownership and accountability. Coach, counsel, and develop direct reports; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, and review job contributions of direct reports. Inspire and motivate a diverse work team towards Company goals and objectives. Clearly communicate business objectives to team as well as consistently meet and exceed established goals. Create and develop unique food offerings that provide our Guest with a variety of selections. Ensure operational compliance of Global Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Standards, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Food & Beverage Standards, Loss Prevention Standards, with adherence to the State of Hawaii Department of Health and Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Food Safety Standards.
- Demonstrated fundamentals of pastry and bakery skills
- Create pastry and bakery items from scratch
- Must be able to plan seasonal menus that exceed our Guests expectations while meeting our business objectives
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation skills
- Demonstrated clear decision making by communicating in a professional manner
- Proven computer skills such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Demonstrated good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule with variable shifts and days off in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure while multi-tasking
- Able to verbally communicate clearly with a diverse Cast base
- Provide professional written communication through emails as well as presentations to all levels of management
- Demonstrated knowledge of workload efficiencies and ability to manage labor targets
- Working knowledge of Cost of Sales, Banquet Event Orders, Inventory Controls, and Labor Budgets
- Consistently demonstrate a professional image while working within a kitchen environment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams as a partner
- Ability to work closely with and support the Sales and Marketing teams in achieving overall Company business objectives by providing excellent service to clients
- Ability to present products to clients; describe and sell pastry items and menus
- Proven Food Safety Certification
- Proven knowledge of industry trends and practical business application
Associate's degree in Pastry Arts or equivalent Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Pastry Chef opportunity at Disney.