Housekeeping - Part Time
We’re looking for talented people who are self-starters, passionate about what they do and strive for Guest satisfaction. Housekeeping cast members play an important role in creating a home-away-from-home experience for each of our Guests every day. Their work can make all the difference for our Guests experience. The Room Attendant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all hotel property Guest rooms. The Houseperson assists the Room Attendant, transports dirty linens/towels, assists with maintaining housekeeping carts, and transports linens to the linen room and loading dock. They also deliver items requested by guests to rooms as needed. Other positions within this department also include Runners, AM & PM and Graveyard positions if needed. ResponsibilitiesHousekeeper
- Cleans up to 14 units per day, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms and dusting furniture
- Change bedding (bed sacks, blankets, duvet covers and inserts where applicable on specified days)
- Vacuuming and edging carpets, including underneath all furniture, and removing carpet “spots”
- Clean and touch up windows, walls and baseboards
- Clean patios/balconies, walls, floors and furniture
- Fold towels (may require special touches such as folding towels a certain way and crimping toilet paper and tissues)
- Cleaning of entrance of room including front and back of entrance door, surrounding wall area.
- Replace amenities in guest rooms
- Change shower liners/shower curtains, bed pads, etc.
- Replace glasses, mugs and carafes when servicing rooms; Includes cleaning coffee filters
- Change iron board covers as needed
- Deep cleaning of entire room and bathrooms on specified days
- Perform nightly turndown duties for specified guests
Houseperson & AM/PM Runner
- Assists Housekeeper
- Transports dirty linens/towels, removes from Housekeeper’s cart, to the linen room and loading dock.
- Cleans corridors walls, base boards, vacuum carpets, clean windows
- Deliver items requested by guest
- Setup alert master units, issue machines, cribs and air mattresses as needed in Guest Rooms.
- Stock cart/baskets and take inventory of amenities/linen/terry needed to replenish rooms
- Restocking of linen rooms; sweeping and cleaning the linen floor and room daily
- Cleaning the vending, ice machine, trash and recycle rooms, laundry room floors, walls and baseboard
- Remove trash and recycle materials to appropriate areas throughout the day
- Flexible/Adaptable-may work in a variety of areas, various conditions and/or have changing start/end times
- Ability to clean effectively and efficiently under extreme pressure and tight deadlines
- Proactive-immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations
- Positive, enthusiastic individual eager to help others
- Understands importance of Safety in all aspects of work performance and personal accountability for safe behaviors
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., boots, gloves, goggles, etc.), hand tools (i.e., mops, brooms, etc.), power equipment/tools and disinfectants, degreasing chemicals and all cleaning products
- Some roles require additional specialized training in both procedure and ergonomic principles
- Willing to get dirty and clean up after others
- Self-directed and able to complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Comfortable working in fast paced, goal driven environment
- Typically works alone in guest rooms for most of the shift
- Work with approved chemicals and cleaning supplies
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Previous experience in a Hotel/Resort environment
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment (previous housekeeping, kitchen/restaurant or other busy cleaning environments)
- Previous experience in a self-directed role requiring little follow up/supervision
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Full availability seven (7) days a week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in a hospitality or tourism related role on the Hawaiian Islands
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Resort operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00 AM and vary as needed. Part-time requires full availability for any shift a MINIMUM of TWO (2) days per week including nights, weekends, holidays and graveyard as needed - Saturday AND Sunday are required.
Training requires 2-3 weeks of full availability (day AND evening) and will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
We welcome your comments and questions about this Housekeeping - Part Time opportunity at Disney.