Custodial Host/Hostess - Part Time
Housekeeping Custodial Cast Members play an important role our home-away-from-home experience for each of our Guests every day. Their work can make all the difference for our Guests experience. The Housekeeping Custodial role is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all hotel property, including all onstage and backstage areas as well as provide support by interacting with Guests on a daily basis. Graveyard responsibility also includes some guest room cleaning and room deliveries. Additional roles within the Housekeeping Custodial department include Carpet Care, Lost & Found, and Linen Runner.
- Maintain cleanliness of all Front of House Guest areas. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Restaurants – Carpet Vacuuming and shampooing, cleaning dry floor surfaces/mats
- Lobbies – Clean carpets, stairs ways and maintain floor surfaces, walls, doors and windows(vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, buffing, polishing, shampooing)
- Restroom Locations (Guest and Cast) -Completely clean, dry and disinfect all restroom fixtures and hard surfaces, including floors and fixtures
- Back of House Locations - Clean and maintain off-stage support areas (offices, break rooms, restrooms, locker rooms)
- Area Wash down and Cleaning- Rinse/wash down all exterior Resort common walkways/hardscape areas and dry all exterior walkways and hardscape areas
- Carpet Care- clean carpets using heavy duty cleaning equipment (shampooers, extractors)
- Pool Area – Clean and maintain pool deck and furniture
- Clean walls, doors, windows and ceilings in all areas
- Requires working with other departments to complete activities in a safe manner
- Restock all supplies as needed
- Includes the use of specialized floor cleaning
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, goggles), hand tools (mops, brooms), power equipment/tools
- Will be working outdoors for extended periods of time
- Work with approved chemicals and cleaning supplies
- Positive (able to remain positive regardless of current task)
- Proactive (immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations)
- Understands importance of Safety in all aspects of work performance and personal accountability for safe behaviors
- Receptive to special requests
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Guests and Cast
- Ability to drive small powered equipment (golf cart type vehicles, ride-on sweeper, etc.)
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Previous experience cleaning - office buildings, hospitals, restaurants, etc.
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Full availability seven (7) days a week, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred
- Previous experience in a hospitality or tourism related role on the Hawaiian Islands preferred
Company Overview At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Resort operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00 AM and vary as needed. Part-time requires full availability for any shift a MINIMUM of TWO (2) days per week including nights, weekends, holidays and graveyard as needed - Saturday AND Sunday are required.
Training requires 2-3 weeks of full availability (day AND evening) and will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.