Responsible to manage complex area development design projects and teams ensuring that project design intent and implementation strategies for assigned projects are completed within established quality standards, schedules and budgets. Assumes leadership role in the collaboration with allied ED&E disciplines, Creative, Show/Ride, Design & Production and Operating partners.
- Leads all aspects of assigned projects; plans and schedules project work, monitors implementation of design intent, adherence to established schedules and budgets.
- Leads the assignment and monitoring of project WDI landscape design staff and external consultants.
- Directs and/or develops varied landscape architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from feasibility/schematic design to the preparation of construction documentation ,specifications and supports development A.D. project manual components.
- Responsibility of assuring that the Area Development intent is achieved by successfully coordinating landscape design with allied disciplines and components of the Area Development such as: infrastructure, architecture, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural engineering, irrigation, etc.
- Primary responsibility of coordination and communication of Area Development design issues with Design Manager
- Responsible for communicating and implementing project goals/objectives with project landscape design team. Ensures adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice.
- Supports process of building project discipline estimate and workplan.
- Conducts or directs observations and reviews during the construction phase of projects.
- Responsible for communication of project status reporting to project executives and landscape department director.
- May negotiate or assist in the preparation of employment contracts, eligible to review contracts and proposals written by others and to obtain necessary signatures with approval by the department director.
- Participates in formation and implementation of departmental goals, objectives and strategies with department director.
- Mentors staff skill set development in coordination with department director.
- BLA/BSLA degree from accredited program
- Advanced degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or planning desirable.
- 12 years minimum experience in Landscape Architecture/Design practice.
- Five years minimum Disney and/or related experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Disney storytelling
- Thorough knowledge of Disney project delivery standards.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in use of plant and hardscape materials and products for thematic applications.
- Broad, in-depth technical knowledge of landscape architecture design and construction techniques. Through knowledge of related areas, including architecture, planning and civil engineering, etc.
- Demonstrated thoughtful design, artistic skills and mature professional judgement in solving complex Area Development problems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven industry track record and project recognition.
- License credential for landscape architect. Professional degree credential for landscape designer.
- Level II CADD proficiency or higher and management of its applications.
- Photoshop and In-design proficiency.
Additional InformationJOB SPECIFIC SCOPE POTENTIAL:
- Capable of leading Attraction/Land level projects with multiple attractions development with high level of complexity
- High level of risk and significant integration of project elements required.