The role of Design & Construction Technologies is to drive the vision, strategy, implementation and support of our Imagineers tools of the trade at WDI across the globe on the concepts, workflows and technologies of Building Information Modeling ( BIM ), Virtual Design and Construction ( VDC ), Cloud, Mobile, Emerging and Interoperability Technologies.
Reporting directly to the Design + Construction Technology Lead, the successful candidate will work directly with the project(s) Senior Project BIM-VDC Manager. This individual will have in-depth knowledge of building information modeling and construction delivery technologies.
The primary objective of this individual will be to work closely with the Senior BIM-VDC Integration Manager and Technology Studio product development teams to expand the use of BIM and VDC technology tools, methods and practices set by the leadership team at the project(s) level. It is critical for the successful candidate to adapt rapidly to our unique collection of creative, design and engineering disciplines that span a wide array of sophisticated authoring, modeling and collaboration tools.
- Work directly with the Senior Project BIM-VDC Integration Manager to engage the project production teams in advancing technology innovations
- Support the execution of BIM Project Execution Strategy
- Ensure Model-based Coordination is performed as outlined by the project strategies
- Support the model management approach for each project that allows for optimized model performance and delivery
- Provide technical support for the project team across Show, Ride, Architectural and Engineering disciplines
- Represent the owner’s interests on all design and construction technology implementation issues
- Document lessons learned for all design and construction technology strategies deployed on the project.
- Support daily/weekly meetings by facilitate working within the model, in design coordination meetings, logistics planning, and contractor meetings.
- Support in field needs with the model, during construction, for inspections, buy-offs, first fixing, in-field verification and commissioning of assets utilizing the BIM Model, Field 360, Field Docs, portable devices (iPads/Tablets) for the QA, CM or ED&E teams on scheduled inspections.
- Ensure model performance / health, data integration and correct collaboration setups throughout the project ecosystem
- Support technology Best Practices throughout the project life-cycle that will bring value to projects, developing tools as needed.
- Pilot new use-cases for the model inclusive to our partners for the entire lifecycle.
- Communicate / visualize project delivery information back to the stakeholders
- Project Management / Project Controls
- Information Exchange
- Consult with stakeholders on implementation of Emerging Technology.
- Manage, develop, and maintain the 3D content and/or modeling of the project in multiple platforms
- Oversight of model authoring of the project
- Pilot new technologies for project use.
- Understand the Project’s technology Infrastructure
- Interface with stakeholders for Technology Procurement
- Understanding the project deliverables through the project lifecycle for all studios.
- Recognizes the complexity of a project and develops a streamlined solution.
Areas of Model Management / Execution:
- Model breakdown structure, work breakdown structure
- Level of Development / Model Element Authoring
- Model and data integrity throughout the project life-cycle
- Minimum 5 years of advanced and progressive BIM and VDC technologies, exhibiting hands-on experience in the AEC, media and entertainment and/or manufacturing business driving the adoption of design authoring and collaboration technology tools
- Advanced graphical, illustration and documentation skills
- Advanced knowledge implementing BIM strategies beyond 3D modeling and clash-detection to include sophisticated data management and skills assisting organizations in collecting on the benefit of optimizing design process
- Quickly learn new software tools and then teach others
- Advanced understanding of BIM360 and Navisworks approaches for model collaboration
- Ability to follow team coordination discussion and display relevant model content/views
- Will speak up in a room to draw attention to issues and solutions
- Ability to help team members with parametric modeling strategies in Revit
- Manage and support the creation of Project-driven Level of Development (LoD) criteria based on needs
- Advanced with multiple file format conversions/ability to invent workflows for integration
- Social skills to interact with team members ensures models are ready prior to deadlines
- Basic experience with hiring outside vendors, professional bid packages
- Exposure to contract administration process (contacts, professional fees)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly matrix structured environment that requires full transparency, team collaboration, joint decision making and socialization of initiatives
- Strong knowledge of the design, engineering and construction industry working on complex projects that require very unique and in-depth multi-trade sophisticated coordination
- Advanced skills in navigating Navisworks model quickly in a front of large group (section tool, walk, rotate)
- Advanced skills in troubleshooting Revit modeling/visibility problems
- Advanced skills in the ability to quickly review a Revit models organization and modeling practices
- Advanced skills in the ability to create clear documentation illustrating geometric studies
- Advanced skills in the ability to model, design, maintain, and illustrate studies leveraging existing assets to illustrate in Rhino/Revit/Maya
- Must prove working knowledge of scope management, schedule and budget conformance and quality assurance
- Collaborative skills toward effective partnership in a highly creative design process and a fast-paced project development environment
- Advanced technical skills, extensive and advanced knowledge of BIM, VDC and IPD principles; Advanced level in integration and support of project collaboration software such as Autodesk Navisworks, and Autodesk BIM 360: Glue with ability to lead and manage complex modeling and coordination processes; technical understanding of various types of design and construction projects, typical systems, complex systems, building coordination and trade sequencing;
- Strong knowledge of model element qualification/estimation, field measurement/modeling technologies such as laser scanning