Guest Experience Manager-Housekeeping
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Our Guest Experience Manager team takes great pride in leading a team of talented housekeeping professionals that ensure our guests’ room and accommodations are what they’ve come to expect from Disney. This position is located in Hilton Head Island SC.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence and working in the operation daily, which includes interacting with guests and cast members and resolving any guest issues
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong cast focus to inspire, engage, coach and develop a highly diverse, multi-lingual team
- Recognize cast members and hold them accountable for delivering excellence in safety, courtesy, show and efficiency
- Exceed guest expectations that yield results and positive guest feedback
- Coordinate, develop and inspect daily cleaning assignments; providing feedback to ensure cleanliness and service and product quality standards are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Partner closely with the resort hotel Front Office and other teams to ensure delivery of clean and ready rooms
- Conduct daily pre-shift breakout meetings to communicate relevant information to cast members
- Make day-to-day operational decisions that benefit guests, cast members and the demands of the business
- Monitor daily staffing levels and anticipate shift coverage needs based on demand
- Support local projects and monitor any potential impacts to the guest and cast experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory/managerial experience
- Previous experience working in a Housekeeping role, preferably in a luxury hotel
- Passion for service and commitment to safety awareness
- Demonstrated ability to lead a multicultural team and passion for developing others
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills, including problem-solving and decision-making
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a team environment, hold self and others accountable, as well as the ability to deal effectively with conflict with strong partnering and networking skills
- Demonstrated operational guest service experience and guest service skills
- Demonstrated strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills with attention to detail
- Proficient in basic computer functions necessary to operate in a Windows environment and adaptable to new technology
- Ability to understand the impact of financial aspects of an operation (i.e. operating budget, revenue, labor, inventory systems, costs, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends, variable shifts and holidays
- Previous experience working in a Housekeeping role or knowledge of chemicals, materials, cleaning technique and equipment
- Previous experience working in a Disney Resort Hotel
- Previous experience with HotSOS/REX
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Disney policies and procedures
- Proven ability to lead in a unionized environment
- Demonstrated multilingual skills, particularly Spanish
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or a related field or equivalent experience
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
Join our Talent Community
See the latest jobs, news and events by joining our talent community:
We welcome your comments and questions about this Guest Experience Manager-Housekeeping opportunity at Disney.