WDI Ride Controls Engineering Hardware Internship-Glendale-Summer 2018
“We Change Lives.” Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
- Be part of an engineering team in the design of hardware development, prototyping, simulation, capacity optimization, and facility inputs for a specific attraction or development project
- Design, model, and analyze electrical, electronic, and data communication systems
- Prepare hardware designs for Disney’s ride control systems
Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role…
- Ability to understand and implement basic control system design
- Experience with programmable controllers and computers used in machine control and industrial applications
- Ability to conduct electrical and control system design and calculations, and prepare technical documents.
- Membership or leadership in IEEE, ACM, or equivalent professional organization
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Matlab
- Control Systems Engineering and/or Control Theory experience
- Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher or graduated within the past 6 months from an accredited college/university earning a degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or related
- Control Systems Engineering and/or Control Theory coursework
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationMaterials Required:
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Edit Profile Info”
- Click on the “Attachments” Tab
- Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
- Select document type of “Other”
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2018 through August/September 2018. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation – Print or Save This Role Description:
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.