Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) provides a global technology platform for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. We deliver world-class guest experience through continuous innovation and engineering excellence.
As a Technical Director, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of hardware integration within the Guest Experience Technology portfolio, designing and delivering innovative projects involving Internet of Things technologies to converge physical and digital guest experiences in the theme park environment. A combination of skills, including technology awareness, electrical and software engineering knowledge, project management, business acumen, and design thinking, is required to successfully accomplish this job. Responsibilities
- Develop and execute specific technology roadmaps focused on the evolution and application of our wearable computing platform (MagicBand) and Internet of Things technologies to enhance the guest experience in theme park environments
- Manage a team of engineers, architects and project managers; provide leadership to cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams; and manage multiple technology vendors and suppliers
- Provide technical credibility as the leading expert on all hardware integration aspects in the Guest Experience Technology portfolio, including RFID, NFC, BLE, biometrics, photo image capture, signage, display and show elements in attractions.
- Coordinate the development and introduction of new technologies to enhance the Guest experience with innovation groups across the company
- Promote technical innovation opportunities to business partners
- Understanding of cybersecurity and safety/regulatory standards.
- Manage funding requests and manage expectations of the sponsors and stakeholders
- Deliver several simultaneous small to medium scale projects into production using an iterative/pilot based approach
- Expert technical leader with experience managing specialized, diverse teams pursuing challenging and ambiguous goals
- Deep technical experience in hardware, electrical, radio frequency and/or software engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in Engineering/Technology roles, with at least 5 years’ managing medium to large technology projects.
- 3 years experience in delivering projects involving Internet of Things and/or mobile applications
- Proficient in Agile methodology and its adoption in projects that combine hardware and software engineering elements
- Proven track record in delivering projects on time and budget
- Manage projects in a multi-vendor environment including offshore teams
- Recent experience in delivering projects involving Internet of Things, wearable computing, mobile applications, BLE, NFC, RFID, biometrics, digital signage and/or integrated circuit design
- Experience with selection and oversight of engineering, manufacturing and supply chain partners
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering discipline or related work experience Preferred Education
MBA/MS/MEng qualification or related work experience Company Overview
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.