Senior Sourcing Specialist, Construction Services
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will be a primary interface with Business Unit operations teams to design and implement their Sourcing and Procurement strategies. This person will lead efforts to source and procure materials and services to support Company operational requirements.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will build and lead cross-functional teams and will be responsible for developing and implementing Strategic Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. This individual will continuously improve the company’s procure to pay process by identifying and leading efforts with departments to reduce cycle times, improve customer service and reduce total costs.
This individual will be accountable for assisting business unit sourcing initiatives that consider supply chain processes and infrastructure improvements to drive reductions in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) without compromising business strategy and performance.
The Sr. Sourcing Specialist will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients. Responsibilities
- Execute balanced supplier selection metrics that extend beyond purchase price
- Understand development and execution of performance management programs with suppliers that focus on quality, responsiveness, and cost
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the established Strategic Sourcing methodology
- Evaluate total cost/supply chain management analyses to identify opportunities to reduce TCO
- Ensure compliance with Sourcing and Procurement policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Lead cross-functional sourcing projects that meet client requirements
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning
- Understand and communicate market trends and conditions that impact suppliers, cost of goods, pricing, and the resulting impact on clients
- Research and implement “best practices” for procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices
- Provide support to multiple segments as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Excellent internal client support skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Internal customer focus
- Strategic Sourcing processes
- Best practices: procurement card, EDI, ERS, EFT, strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Experience in problem solving, complex financial modeling and reporting and analytical methods
- 5-7 years experience in procuring goods and services
- CPM or similar certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in business or another quantitative discipline preferred
At Corporate, you’ll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view. Additional InformationWillingness to travel (position may require up to 15% travel)
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.