Senior Manager, Digital Media Analytics
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (WDPR). CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights. Within CIMA, the Marketing Analytics & Insights (MAI) team provides objective assessments of WDPR marketing to inform strategy, understand performance, optimize investment, and maximize business impact.
ResponsibilitiesThe Senior Manager, Digital Media Analytics must possess a passion for analytics, marketing/advertising technology, and leadership. This individual will set analytics framework for planning, launching, and measuring paid media and social media campaigns leveraging expertise in the latest marketing/advertising technologies (e.g., Data Management Platforms, Multi-touch Attribution, Demand Side Platforms, etc.). This individual will develop a team and deliver capabilities to conduct content and audience analytics that will allow continuous optimization of content and campaigns as well as support personalization and segmentation efforts. This team will also support the data strategy/innovation goals that will enable CIMA to drive efficiencies and capabilities. This team will be leveraging a broad spectrum of marketing, media, and sales data to develop new reporting and analysis capabilities to support decision making for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts lines of businesses. The person must be comfortable working with partners, conducting analyses, preparing reports, and communicating insights as they will act as a key advocate for the benefits data and analytics can drive throughout the organization. This position reports to the Director, Marketing Analytics & Insights and will be based in Glendale, CA. Basic Qualifications
- 7+ years of analytical experience
- Experience working with digital, social, and traditional media data
- Experience with digital attribution
- Experience with Google Analytics, Site Analytics, Google Adwords etc.
- Strong digital marketing experience and knowledge of digital marketing technologies (AdTech and MarTech tools)
- Experience with Data Management Platforms (e.g., BlueKai, Krux), Demand Side Platforms (e.g, DBM, AOL, Turn), campaign management systems (e.g., Doubleclick DART), and marketing/media technologies
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Marketing knowledge or experience, preferably in marketing strategy, media planning, or an analytic area
- Solid analytical and technical problem solving skills, including strong knowledge of statistics and data mining
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, complex, and ambiguous business environment and display professionalism and confidence in challenging situations
- Demonstrated attentiveness to detail and focus on excellence in work product delivery
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to identify and handle issues proactively and decisively with limited direction and oversight while also communicating consistently to executive leadership
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills including effective visual representation of complex data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with online digital data (e.g., Omniture, DFA, etc.)
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking ability
- Ability to develop clear and concise thoughts into proposals, recommendations, and findings
- Demonstrated project management skills to champion a project from inception to implementation and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- 10+ years of analytical experience
- Leadership of an analytics team
- Experience with marketing, paid media, CRM, digital, and/or social media data
- Experience with paid and organic search analytics
- Experience with syndicated measurement tools (i.e., ComScore, Nielsen)
- Experience with big data environments
- Proficient in business intelligence tools such as Tableau, and analytic software applications such as SAS
- Experience with Hive, SQL, MySQL, and/or R programming languages
- Strong influencing, partnering, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver persuasive presentations of complex business issues to senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to quickly gain a conceptual understanding of a complex situation and establish immediate credibility
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with preferred concentration in Business, Marketing, Economics, Statistics, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or a similar analytics field
- MBA or Advanced degree in an analytics
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.