PH-Show Electronic Engineer, Sr - Acoustics
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for favorable acoustical design in complex projects.
- Develop new methods, processes, and theories to improve the acoustics of future projects.
- Collect sound measurements to establish baselines and to validate engineering models.
- Provide acoustical engineering manpower and schedule planning in support of estimating activities.
- Perform analysis to predict acoustical performance of unbuilt designs.
- Track design progress to continually guide design efforts.
- Interface with interdisciplinary project team to collaborate on favorable solutions to complex acoustical problems.
- Serve as acoustical advocate within WDI's multi-disciplined project teams.
- Identify design challenges and recommend course of action to overcome challenges and mitigate risk.
- Make recommendations following active investigation of new materials and methods.
- Recommend actions to investigate and resolve complex technical problems.
- Self-starting with minimal day-to-day oversight.
- Initiate dialog with project team to drive problems to resolution.
- Ability to work with a large team to convey design needed for favorable acoustics.
- An understanding of acoustical measurement equipment and ability to collect accurate acoustical measurements.
- An understanding of phenomena influencing acoustical measurements.
- Ability to analyze collected sound measurements using analysis software.
- Ability to interpret analyzed sound measurements.
- Ability to analyze the suitability of unbuilt designs using Acoustical Ray Tracing Analysis or similar analysis method.
- Knowledge of materials and their influence on acoustics.
- An understanding of sound propagation in a free acoustical field.
- A working knowledge of Matlab.
- A knowledge of industry standard acoustical test methods.
- 7 to 10 years or more experience desired
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks.
- BS Acoustical/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or BS Physics/Mathematics
- MS preferred
To learn about the innovative work our Imagineers do, check out the following videos:
Humanoid Robot Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.