Lead Technical Architect
The Lead Technical Architect within the Reference Architecture team creates solutions to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce costs of support for our applications. When we do our job correctly we make it easier to deliver high quality applications to our guest and cast members. You should be confident in designing and engineering your own solutions to problems knowing there is more than one way to solve a problem and working through which path will be leveraged on your projects.
We are looking for people who are engineers at heart. Willingness to learn new technologies and help improve our organization is essential for success on this team because one day you are working on a logging library, next we are implementing monitoring, and then we end up triaging an issue with an application in production. Responsibilities
- Build frameworks that are consumed by other developer teams.
- Evaluate technology solutions through research and conceptual applications to select tools to solve a problem.
- Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
- Engage with our customers to hear their needs, collect feedback, and feed that back into tangible solutions
- We are a service provider, so being receptive to feedback and ways to improve are essential
- Ensure the solutions you develop are valuable and being leveraged by the organization
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are of high quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities backed with factual arguments.
- Be able to work collaboratively with local and remote team members
- Have ownership over your project and provide appropriate status to leadership on progress and key decision.
- Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve production issues impeding the availability & performance of applications
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing large engineering initiatives and team
- Strong technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Networks and their Interactions
- Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in Angular/Node/React, Java/J2EE, REST, Ionic, or Swift/Kotlin
- Very hands on and deep understanding of the code and coding practices
- Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with emerging technology trends
- Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex technology roadmaps
- Exposure to cloud development and migration an added plus
- Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related Field or 8+ years of relevant experience.