“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen! ResponsibilitiesProvide support for the Executive, Creative Development-Inclusive Strategies based in Glendale. Demonstrate the ability to blend a positive attitude, flexibility, discretion and command while managing multiple priorities including calendar management, strong phone skills, planning and organizing the executive’s day, planning travel, preparing written communication, expense reports, meeting setup and notes, and telephone coverage.
Coordinate multiple meetings and calendars, make appropriate decisions and take a proactive approach to ensuring the office is organized and efficient. Proactively manage recurring meetings, calendar conflicts, cross-office logistical needs, cancellations and keep the executive on schedule. Monitor and keep track of your executive’s specific needs with regards to desk time, must-attend meetings, preferred communication channel, lunch pickup on meeting heavy days etc. Perform as a proactive member of the team while supporting the executive and contributing ideas for continuous improvement and providing back-up support to the other Administrative Assistants as appropriate. Ensure coverage for your executive when you are not in the office.
Seeking a candidate with exceptional delivery of assertive professionalism, a self-starter able to anticipate needs and handle confidential information. Additionally, someone who offers creativity to initiate enhancements, drive work products and showcase action-oriented follow-through, master technology and a variety of computer programs, flexible with work schedule and meet impromptu demands. Basic Qualifications
- Minimum five (5) years administrative experience in a corporate environment with proven success interacting, partnering and networking with all levels of management, including supporting an executive (directors and vice presidents) for a minimum of 1 year in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to assure professional interaction with senior executives, internal partners, and external contacts. Strong command of English grammar skills with an ability to prepare correspondence from notes, meetings and author documents and reports.
- Demonstrated strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Ability to appropriately respond to and resolve issues with little direction
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to manage time wisely and prioritize effectively
- Ability to use a mobile device to support the executive
- Anticipate needs, take initiative, proactively problem-solve using sound judgement and handle confidential and sensitive information
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong computer/technology skills, including not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SAP and Concur
- Ability to operate both Mac and PC computers
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, orderly and detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple work streams simultaneously, prioritize work and accurately and efficiently archive documents and work products.
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience, with 1 years of experience supporting Director level or above
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Event planning experience
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.