Director, Global Development
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Global Development is a highly visible department charged with systematically assessing the long-term goals, growth strategy and expansion opportunities that maximize value for Walt Disney Park and Resorts. The team’s work spans across all businesses (e.g. theme parks, resort hotels, cruise, time share, guided tour) and geographies (e.g. US, Asia, Europe).
We are seeking an accomplished leader for the Director of Global Development position. This role requires extensive experience in leadership and influence, superior strategic thinking, proven analytical acumen and excellent communication skills. A team-oriented attitude and a sense of fun are essential.
- Executive presence with exceptional ability to influence and drive decisions
- Experience negotiating major agreements and dealing with complex legal issues
- Proven ability to navigate complex internal and external partnerships
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated and inclusive collaborative leadership that embraces diversity
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, matrix organization
- Ability to lead and inspire teams
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Passion for the Disney brand and in particular, the Park and Resorts product
- Enthusiasm for the travel and hospitality industry
- International work experience
- MBA from a top tier school; top academic achievement
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.