Design & Construction Technology Executive
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The Design & Construction Executive strategically and functionally manages the Design & Construction Technology team for the Technology Studio inside Walt Disney Imagineering. He/she will be responsible for the vision and implementation of processes and associated technology tools related to the fields of architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing with the goal of enabling WDI to have more predictability and efficiency in designing and building theme parks, resorts, and cruise ships worldwide.
- Functionally lead Design & Construction Technology team including recruitment, talent management, and talent strategy
- Strategic leadership including vision setting, process methodologies, milestone setting, and general multi-project management related to design and construction
- Liaison and evangelist for new processes and associated technologies by working with other Imagineering project executives, studio executives, and associated teams
- Financial management of Design & Construction initiatives and team
- Serve as WDI’s representative and industry partner for technology providers in the fields of architecture, engineering, construction, and manufacturing tools.
- Negotiate on behalf of WDI and/or Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
- 5+ years of progressive senior leadership experience
- Mastery of the architectural, engineering, and construction industry, inclusive of standard practices, and technology tools including but not limited to BIM, VDC, and PLM
- Deep understanding of modern software development and software management practices
- Excellent communication skills including public speaking and evangelism
- Exceptional collaboration skills and role model for internal partnerships and external relationship building
- Proven financial management and planning skills
- Strong collaborative working style
- Strong understanding of corporate financing, planning, and management
- Experience leading organizational change inclusive of new technologies
- Understanding of media and entertainment pipelines and associated technologies
- Software development background
- Theme park and/or theater experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a software development or science discipline – Electronic Development or Computer Science discipline preferred
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.