Senior Manager, Technology –Tools, Process and Transformation
This sr. manager role in Parks and Resorts Technology reporting to the Director PPM will be responsible for all Technology Business Management (TBM) Tool development, PPM Process, and Change Management. TBM tools include PPM, Agile lifecycle management, Department Financial Planning, Vendor Management, Onboarding and Real Estate.
This role will lead Tools & Processes transformation teams which include multiple agile tool development studios reporting up through a manager of tool development and multiple business analysts and process improvement specialists reporting up through a manager for process improvement.
The ideal candidate has experience and passion about Agile software delivery and lean process improvement and has experience managing technical delivery teams that develop software using the Agile methodology.
- Lead strategic process and tool transformation and define the TBM tool and process roadmaps in a matrixed technology organization partnering with Internal Business Partners such as the Agile Coaches, Finance Team, Portfolio Management Team, Technical Delivery Teams etc.
- Partner with key teams to drive organizational agility using agile lifecycle management tools
- Communicate with and influence executive leadership in transformational activities
- Anticipate risks and issues, address all challenges, mitigate risks and issues and escalate to appropriate parties where required
- Construct detailed tool implementation plans and tool development and process improvement roadmaps
- Partner and proactively communicate across multiple groups to facilitate transparency and gain buy in.
- Manage the annual operating budget for the tool and process team
- Play an active role in building the team through mentoring of talent and recruitment.
- At least 5 years of experience in management of implementation and/or integration activities of complex software systems.
- At least 4 years overall experience with project management methodologies and practices
- Minimum of 4+ years of leadership experience in a technical environment i.e. leading a team of developers or process improvement specialists
- Practical experience of agile and lean principles and organizational change management.
- Has extensive experience with implementing tools such as Version One and Project and Portfolio management platforms such as CA Clarity for large organizations and has experience integrating the two and a clear understanding of the value that it brings to organizations.
- Experience managing a diverse staff of professionals with the ability to inspire and motivate to produce quality work focused on project execution and delivery.
- Ability to be a problem-solver who has a demonstrated ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions
- Proven ability to initiate change and act with integrity when tough decisions have to be made.
- Be meticulously detail-oriented with the ability to multitask, manage multiple business partner expectations and align internal resources for quality and timely delivery of releases
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: both written and verbal are required. Experience presenting roadmap and implementation plans, current progress, testing results, and acceptance to sr. executives.
- Advanced knowledge and application of Lean and Agile principles
- Familiarity with testing and evaluation processes to ensure requirements are met
- Demonstrated ability to connect and influence others in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience leading multiple Agile delivery teams/ studios
- Strong Executive presence
- Scrum Master certification
- Extensive experience with process and tool transformation leadership for a large organization
- Scrum Product Owner certification
- Prior Agile Transformation execution experience
- Minimum college/undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) or equivalent experience.