Ad Operations Manager
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
This individual will be responsible for developing and delivering on strategy and roadmap for in housing our Ad Operations practice. Currently Ad Ops is fully managed by our Agency and at times through 3rd parties they engage with such as Innovid.
In this role, you’ll be expected to evaluate, make recommendations, and deliver on rollout as it pertains to the Ad Ops tech stack (current stack: DCM, Flashtalking, Innovid), trafficking process, and staffing/hiring. You will be a voice in decisions with regards to other media tools such as DMP, media planning tools, etc. You will also identify opportunities to implement solutions or tools that increase effectiveness and efficiency of our ad-serving process, campaign setup, pixel and tracking methods, and dynamic creative executions.
The ideal candidate has extensive online trafficking experience with DFA/DCM and other ad servers and familiarity with DCO tools like Flashtalking, DoubleClick Studios, etc. He/she will also have extensive experience with team management and development of direct/indirect reports.
- Develop and deliver on strategy and roadmap for in-housing of Ad Ops practice including staffing plan
- Put in place effective and efficient ad trafficking process including external vendors like Flashtalking, DoubleVerify (blocking wrapper), and possibly Innovid
- Set an SLA for trafficking timelines and ensure Ad Operations team (and external vendors) consistently meet stated deadlines
- Evaluate existing tech stack, make recommendations for continuing as is or necessary changes, and seamlessly rollout any new partners within existing process and SLA
- Be an evaluator and voice in other marketing or advertising technology decisions throughout the organization – DMPs, DSPs, media planning tools, financial systems/tools, etc.
- Educate the broader organization on Ad Operations and the trafficking process
- Ensure Ad Operations team follows any tagging structure and naming conventions for proper tracking across all platforms
- Work with internal teams to identify and design new tools and systems to improve efficiency
- Supply feedback to improve overall technical and inter-departmental workflow and participate in any tasks needed to test and implement new procedures
- Provide technical ad support in coordination with all Programmatic display and video media
- Be a strong technical partner and resource able to positively engage other teams within the organization
- 4 - 10+ years Ad Operations experience
- Solid knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Extensive experience with display and video ad-serving technologies such as DFA/DCM and Innovid
- Experience with DCO solutions such as DoubleClick Studio and Flashtalking
- Familiarity with ad management technologies such as MediaOcean, Donovan (or similar), etc.
- Experience building and/or managing a team of ad traffickers
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills as well as the capacity to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills; able to distill very technical discussions into understandable layman terms
Required Education Four-year college degree (Marketing, Programming, or Computer Science degree or background is a plus) or equivalent experience Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.