Social Media Analytics Internship, Fall 2018 - Orlando, FL
Social Media Analytics Internship, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight, Social Media Analytics team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests within social media environments that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life:
- Analyzing social media data through social listening tools and manual tagging methods
- Utilize query building to discover, analyze, and synthesize social media conversation data around Disney Parks and Resorts brands into reports that effectively communicate social media insight to partners
- Maintain internal database of catalogued reports and investigate trends
- Provide data mining and statistical analysis to address key business issues, make recommendations accordingly, and produce regular (e.g., weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports for key recurring metrics
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Proven ability in Microsoft Excel, Word, Pages and Keynote (Mac)
- Proven competency across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, Snapchat, Vine, and Pinterest
- Experience using Boolean Search Language
- Ability to develop expertise in complex keyword search expressions, linguistic operators and qualifiers, pattern detection, and regular expressions
- Familiarity with text analytics techniques such as topic modeling, content categorization, sentiment analysis, and entity extraction
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of data, put together insights and tell a story
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Fluent language abilities in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Interest in math and/or statistics a plus
- Experience using Social Listening tools
- Experience in SAS Contextual Analysis, or other text analytics tools
- Current Senior or higher obtaining (or recently graduated with) a degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Business or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.