Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer conducts maintenance, administration, and support activities of moderate complexity, including software, platform, and configuration for Technology at Disney Cruise Lines. The Senior Systems Engineer ensures 24/7 operational support and maintenance of systems and infrastructure, including monitoring and maintaining systems and infrastructure as well as participating in day-to-day operations. The Senior Systems Engineer participates in day-to-day operations and works with business units to plan, design, and implement systems and infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer leads, coaches, and mentors more junior members of the Systems Engineering team. Responsibilities
- Conducts or leads others in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of systems, including software, platform, and configuration updates.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Leads in developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate systems maintenance and administration.
- Plans and executes platform-oriented projects that include business unit initiatives and updates to existing infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Works with business units to plan for new projects and events, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
- Provides support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded infrastructure, products, and/or services.
- Uses data and metrics to plan for business unit growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and functionality.
- Participates in the development of best practices, validation, and adherence.
- Responsible for documenting the infrastructure and monitoring systems.
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
- 8+ years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- In-depth knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications.
- In-depth experience with:
- Systems support
- Expert level skills in Client based systems.
- Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- Global Policy Objects
- Window Active Directory Infrastructure
- Open Source
- Mobile (iOS/Android)
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix, Windows)
- Ability to Train users and support teams
- Required to travel to support Outports.
- Previous experience in Cruise Line Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.