Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will be involved in the design, development, testing and implementation of delivery projects, software fixes, and enhancements of applications. The Senior Software Engineer will be working with business partners to understand the requirements and work with technical architects and engineers to provide solutions. Responsible for documenting the solutions, designs, and decisions made. The Senior Engineer also provides technical guidance and acts as a mentor for junior level engineers. Responsibilities
- Design and develop middle layer applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Weekly 24x7 on-call support on rotation basis.
- Work with Infrastructure and other application teams to resolve live site/production issues
- Deliver enhancements and fixes to issues in a 2-week sprint cycle
- Perform test cycles to identify possible complex integration issues and support/resolve them in a complex environment
- System development documentation including functional requirements, use cases, test plans and test cases
- Works with various IT teams to analyze and design solutions to meet the business requirements.
- Follow software development methodologies, version control, and migration standards.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience designing and developing highly scalable guest facing enterprise class applications using Java/J2EE, REST services
- Experience with cloud architecture and implementing cloud solutions. Experience with Docker.
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience working with integration middleware or enterprise system bus technologies (ESB) like Apache Camel.
- Experience with source control and build deploy tools such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, CICD etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodology such as SCRUM.
- Team player, solution provider and proactive thinker with good communication skills
- Experience with Jetty and Tomcat
- Experience with Mongo and Couch-base No SQL Databases. MySQL and Oracle relational Databases.
- Junit, JMeter, load and performance testing
- JProfile and tuning
- Monitoring tools like App Dynamics, New Relic, Site Scope …etc
- Caching technologies
- Experience with any content Management and Digital Asset Management is a plus.
- Knowledge of node.js and angular is a plus
- Any knowledge of PHP is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or related work experience
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.