Senior Analytics Engineer
The Analytics Engineer will build the next generation of Big Data tools for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts and identify efficiencies in data collection and aggregation through automation, as batch routines are converted to real-time analysis. More than a simple data plumber, the Analytics Engineer will innovate with tools like Mahout/MLlib, NumPy, and SciPy to guide Analysts towards new insights. ResponsibilitiesThe role will work within a DevOps culture and Agile environment, which seeks continuous improvement for big data analytics and business intelligence. As the flood of digital information increases, the person in this role will be responsible for connecting multiple open and closed sourced systems, transitioning a digital Guest experience into a magical real world Guest experience. The Analytics Engineer’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Hadoop Ecosystem innovation and expansion.
- Support of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts partners with data collection, extraction and processing.
- Data and business process automation and transparency.
The Analytics Engineer reports up to the Manager, Data Services and does not have direct reports. Basic Qualifications
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Experience with Java, Python, SQL, and R
- Experience with Hive, Pig, and Sqoop
- Experience with MapReduce and Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience with Scripting Languages (bash shell and PHP)
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of SDLC and Continuous Integration
- Understanding of Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
- Understanding of RESTful and SOAP services framework
- Experience with Cloudera Hadoop
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other IaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of NoSQL datastores and their applicable use cases
- Experience with Apache Mesos
- Experience with Mahout or Spark MLlib
Required Education Bachelors Degree in technology field (Computer Science, Engineer, etc.) Preferred Education Masters Degree in technology field (Computer Science, Engineer, etc.) Company Overview “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.