Sales Analytics & Insights Intern, Summer 2018 - Orlando, FL
Sales Analytics & Insights Summer 2018 – Orlando, FL
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
Within CIMA, the Sales Analytics & Insights team provides objective decision support to the Sales organization to inform sales strategy, channel analytics and optimization, and client/Cast incentives.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life:
- Providing analysis and strategic recommendations for Sales Analytics and Sales Management teams, which includes the assessment and feasibility recommendations of process and technology opportunities for our domestic and international destinations
- Leading research and analytical activities within larger Sales Channel strategy projects
- Proactively partner with the Sales Planning team, as well as Marketing & Sales Finance, Travel Industry Sales & Marketing, IT, and partners in other key organizations to compile, analyze and validate processes and data
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills, with the ability to act tactically
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- A sharp attention to detail
- The ability to thrive and work well in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of sales distribution channels, preferably in the tourism industry
- Strong collaboration, communication and project leadership skills
- Experience with SAS and Tableau
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) a Bachelor’s degree in General Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial engineering or other related analytical/business field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Currently pursuing (or recently graduated within 6 months with) a Master’s degree in General Business, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial engineering or other related analytical/business field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Intern must be fully available from May 2018 through August 2018.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.