Walt Disney Parks & Resorts Digital (DPRD), a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive digital experiences for Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club. DPRD is responsible for the end-to-end Guest experience for all digital-led initiatives globally, across the Attractions & Entertainment, Food & Beverage, Resorts & Transportation and Merchandise lines of business. DPRD has offices located in Orlando, Los Angeles, Anaheim, Seattle, and Hong Kong.
Based in Orlando, FL and reporting to the Product Management Director, this position will be part of the Digital Guest Experience team and responsible for managing the strategic direction and delivery of FastPass across the segment. The manager will lead multiple product analysts and collaborate with senior leadership to define product plans and strategies to take FastPass to the next level. This position will work across various product lines, business units, and interdisciplinary leaders in such areas as technology, project management, operations, design, analytics, and executive teams to bring products to market and develop and grow business opportunities for DPRD. The ideal candidate will have both a deep understanding of product management with respect to mobile & web technology, native application development, as well as the ability to manage the development pipeline and team priorities across multiple teams/disciplines against a prioritized roadmap. This position will require travel up to 25% (domestic and international).
ResponsibilitiesBusiness Acumen: The manager needs a deep understanding of the core business, as well as our digital business, financial returns, value drivers and fiscal management of large-scale complex product lines/vertical and/or projects. Negotiates valuation and funding estimates with partners and large contracts with vendors as necessary, while pushing to ensure that teams are value engineering cost effective solutions.
Leadership: Leads and directs priorities of project teams developing the products defined by their team of managers, product managers, and product analysts.
Scale: The manager can have direct leadership of 1-3 Cast and 1-3 contractors writing user stories, project specs, managing backlogs. The size of the projects require leadership across many tracks of work.
- Drive delivery of FastPass product extensions along with platform enhancements across the segment to improve in park experience and drive direct value to the business.
- Develop, own and maintain the vision for a large product line – through cross team and organizational leadership – by connecting multiple Guest touch points (research, feedback, etc.), technology strategy and innovation, business drivers and business value.
- The manager ultimately owns the product that is created and developed, and is ultimately responsible for on-time, on-budget and on-strategy delivery of our products and projects through careful prioritization
- Develops and maintains a dynamic and organic product roadmap necessary to influence cross product line/vertical or destination investment
- The manager is ultimately accountable – however may delegate responsibility - to ensure that the development teams have a deep understanding of the product objectives and priority and helps those teams translate the product concepts into user stories, epics and other appropriate product deliverables (project briefs, scope/requirement documents, Guest prioritized needs, etc.)
- The manager is directly responsible to develop and grow various lower level managers, analysts and other to be defined disciplines
- The manager helps develop a successful product line through leadership and indirect management of various disciplines and all development teams responsible for furthering the product line/vertical
- The manager is responsible for correlating extremely complex inputs for large product lines/verticals to create and deliver a product definition, product roadmap and vision; while ensuring internal and external team alignment and understanding
- Negotiates valuation and funding estimates with partners and large contracts with vendors as necessary, while pushing to ensure that teams are value engineering cost effective solutions.
- Champion the digital experience, advocating on the guest's behalf, and working diligently to create a first-class experience for Disney guests
- 10+ years of professional experience with at least 5 years working in the online industry and in a leadership role
- Experience with technical, user and business issues in a fast moving online organization
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and project leadership skills, including an ability to communicate/influence at an executive level
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases
- Proven ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact within all levels of the organization
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action with a willingness to take personal initiative
- Effectively provide overall leadership across multiple teams, while working collaboratively to delivery with quality on time
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.