Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Cruise Line, FL, Summer/Fall 2018
Disney Cruise Line is the leader in family cruise vacations, providing a setting where adults can recharge, kids can engage in immersive adventures and families can reconnect. With four ships in the fleet, Disney Cruise Line sails to a variety of world-wide destinations including the Bahamas and Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska and Europe.
The Marketing Strategy team is responsible for driving consumer demand and bookings for the Disney Cruise Line fleet.
The Marketing Strategy Team achieves this goal by developing business and communication strategies and partnering with cross-discipline sales and marketing teams to create communication plans that drive consumer behavior. The team serves as a stakeholder in new business development; transforming consumer expectations of the brand into executable products that position Disney as the most trusted provider of shared travel and leisure experiences throughout the world. The team also oversees the management of the plans to ensure each campaign or program is maximized across a wide range of marketing tactics.
Marketing Strategy embodies the broader vision of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts: Be the most trusted provider of shared travel and leisure experiences throughout the world..making memories that last a lifetime.
- Deeply understand the consumer.
- Focus on business results.
- Make strategy and creativity work hand in hand.
- Explore the unexplored.
- Be a great team.
ResponsibilitiesThe Marketing Strategy Professional Intern on the Disney Cruise Line Team will manage programs and planned initiatives that range across every stage of the consumer pathway – from awareness to consideration to conversion. Plus, in partnership with a host of discipline teams, the intern would also help execute communication plans to drive desired business results.
A Day In the Life of a Marketing Strategy Intern...
- Coordinate and traffic consumer direct website updates to manage volume of requests and prioritization with website team
- Provide guidance to partners on message priorities for digital and social content calendars
- Provide strategic input for creative development of recurring marketing materials
- Manage advertising initiatives for annual publications including the Disney Cruise Line In-Room Directory, Birnbaum Guide, and Public Affairs partnerships
- Develop ad hoc online advertising (i.e. banner ads, website tiles) to support special offers
- Serve as the hub for photo/video assets and creative cataloging
- Assist in developing presentations
- Implement budget requests
Basic QualificationsYou Have..
- Project managed a high-volume, fast-paced portfolio of tactical programs, details and budgets
- Developed productive partnerships in and out of marketing to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment.
- Possess strong written and verbal communications, plus excellent listening skills and superior professionalism
- Demonstrate goal orientation and agile response to evolving business needs
- Computer Proficiency (Power Point, Excel, Word)
- Related course work or previous internship experience in consumer marketing or sales
- Additional languages spoken, read and written: Spanish
- Experience in multicultural marketing (especially U.S. Hispanic segments)
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or Equivalent (MBA Preferred)
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018-January 2019.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.