HVAC and Refrigeration Technical Manager, Disney Cruise Line
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Under the oversight of the Senior Manager of Technical Operations with Disney Cruise Line (DCL), the HVAC & Refrigeration Technical Manager will be responsible for the oversight of DCL Fleet Maintenance and Technical support in relation to installed air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. This Manager will oversee compliance with technical aspects for Port State, Classification Society, US EPA and International Code requirements. Under areas of responsibility, this Manager will investigate reported Fleet HVAC and Refrigeration issues and verify corrective and preventive actions taken to address them.
- Assist in control of budgets for areas of responsibilities in order to maintain equipment operation and availability.
- Oversee regulatory compliance with current requirements, working alongside DCL Compliance Team and Government agencies in an open and transparent manner.
- Oversee Fleet Technical Maintenance, ensuring correct submission of and archiving of reports and returns under respective Company and Legislative guidelines.
- Ensure planned, corrective and preventive maintenance is completed and recorded correctly within the Company Asset Management Operating System (AMOS)
- Monitor operational and engineering standards for the DCL Fleet HVAC and refrigeration installations.
- Conduct periodic review of Company Safety management System (SMS) advising of changes/amendments as required.
- Contribute to long term Fleet HVAC and Refrigeration update/upgrade planning.
- Monitor Fleet refrigeration gas usage and confirm compliance with applicable Codes and Legislation.
- Proven three (3) plus years of direct experience in Marine HVAC and Refrigeration system operations.
- Possess excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IMO, MARPOL and US EPA requirements for refrigerant gasses.
- Ability to work nights/weekends and travel domestic and internationally as required.
- Proven computer proficiency and ability to learn new systems/software as needed.
- Demonstrated experience in Engineering Management, ideally within the Marine sector
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of electronic based maintenance systems (e.g. INFOSHIP, AMOS)
- Demonstrated experience partnering across multiple disciplines and organizations while managing expectations of diverse stakeholders
- Practical Marine HVAC experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Disney Cruise Line product
Required Education Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Refrigeration, Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. Preferred Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.