Graduate Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Institute, Summer/Fall 2018
Marketing Strategy Intern, Disney Institute, Orlando, Summer/Fall 2018
Disney Institute is the external, professional development arm of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. Built on the global success of Disney, our products engage business professionals and organizations in time-tested best practices, sound methodologies, and real-life business insights focusing on leadership excellence, quality service and employee engagement that help them transform the way they think about their customer experience.
The Marketing Strategy Professional Intern will be a part of a dynamic team where they will support and will gain exposure to multiple marketing disciplines, including brand marketing and strategy, creative development, social media, website development, campaign management, paid/digital media, CRM and special event execution. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life of a Marketing Strategy Intern...
- Partner with various cross-functional teams to ensure that our presence across marketing, advertising and communication channels supports key Disney Institutebusiness objectives.
- Provide project-management and trafficking support for communication and content-marketing initiatives.
- Assist in writing blog posts, social media activations, and content for internal communications channels.
- Support creative efforts, including online and offline collateral development, photo and video shoots.
- Track industry trends, and social-media benchmarks. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns or media coverage to maximize results and help evolve marketing.
- Special event support, assisting with the development of brand elements and marketing tactics.
- Attend internal/external client meetings, assist with special projects as needed and provide general administrative support.
- Support the management and content development of several Disney Institute social platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and the Disney Instituteblog.
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Table:
- Previous internship or professional job experience in Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications, Journalism or similar
- Proven demonstrated knowledge of Associated Presswriting and editing style
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Strong social media / digital knowledge with an understanding and passion for emerging digital trends and technologies
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated creative skills, especially with a focus on creative writing
- Strong partnering and relationship skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven self-starter and ability to balance multiple priorities
Preferred QualificationsNice to have...
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program and/or working knowledge of Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort
- Previous reporting/writing experience with a student or professional publication in print, television or online media
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish
Required Education You are..
- Currently enrolled in a college or university as a graduate student earning a graduate degree/major in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Mass Communications, MBA or similar
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019.
Housing:A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.