Disney Cruise Line Revenue Mgmt Internship, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
Disney Cruise Line Revenue Management Internship, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
At Disney Cruise Line, you can set sail on the job opportunity of a lifetime! Our shoreside Cast Members support Crew Members and strategy efforts for our four-ship fleet. Chart the course for an incredible internship journey with Disney Cruise Line!
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across The Walt Disney Company in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing and optimization. Key partners to the RM&A organization include Marketing, Finance, Business Development, Research and Operations. Roles within RM&A develop, analyze, and execute strategies to maximize profitability and improve the value proposition for our Guests, Cast Members and Shareholders.
ResponsibilitiesMake an Impact by:
- Analyzing historical pricing and booking data
- Completing ad hoc projects and data analysis, to assist in achieving short & long term revenue goals
- Providing insightful recommendations that will translate into incremental revenue opportunities
- Researching and reporting on industry news and pricing
- Report monitoring and data entry, as needed
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Passion around the Disney Cruise Line product
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Familiarity with Access, SQL, VBA and Tableau
- General knowledge or previous experience in the Cruise, Airline or Travel & Tourism industry
- Disney College Program or Professional Internship Alumni
- Working towards (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Math, Economics, Accounting, Industrial Engineering or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Rising senior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Finance, Statistics, Math, Economics, Accounting, Industrial Engineering or other related field
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.