Director, Data Technology
The Director-Information Advantage within WDAT is responsible for the management of data analytics functions, projects, platforms and the execution of data-technologies roadmaps.
- Provides the vision and direction for strategic projects & initiatives within the Information Advantage domain including Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Cloud based development & sustainment, Cloud & On-premise platform administration, and business intelligence/analytics.
- Works closely with other Information Advantage executives and leaders to create and execute against the portfolio roadmap
- Develops and maintains tools and practices to enable faster/cheaper innovation across the data analytics technologies portfolio
- Sustainment of business-critical data analytics applications and platforms.
- Ensures alignment with other key technology and business stakeholders & functions
- Ensures continuous innovation within the Information Advantage portfolio
- Ensures that projects & initiatives are metrics and performance driven
- 10 years of relevant experience in Information Technology or Information Management
- 3+ years leading delivery of delivering IT solutions in an outsourced environment.
- Proven hands-on experience in developing and implementing data analytics solutions across a large, complex organization.
- Demonstrated technical experience in Big Data Platforms & Solutions, Advanced Analytics & Machine Learning, Cloud Data Lakes, Data Visualization and Reporting
- Demonstrated experience in continuously innovating within Big Data & Analytics domain.
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing using Teradata as well as experience in creating business intelligence solutions using Business Objects, Tableau or similar tools.
- Experience in supporting enterprise data governance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business and supplier relationships that ensure the successful delivery of IT services that drives benefits to the Segment/BU.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and industry expertise in Technology Management
- Proven ability to manage and facilitate Annual operating budget and five year plans
- Demonstrated superior critical thinking skills and experience in strategic planning and execution of technology architecture roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead efforts to provide overall guidance and structure for creating and maintaining standards for portfolio and vendor management
- Demonstrated ability to manage the day-to-day tasks of diverse teams, while effectively influencing senior management on key decisions and direction
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work in the development of solutions as well as the ability to develop teams and mentor staff.
- Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity. Ability to develop geographically and otherwise diverse highly technical teams.
- Proven ability to successfully operate in a highly matrix organizational system where partnership and influence are key drivers of success
- Has shown a value for initiating change and acting with integrity when tough decisions have to be made
- Demonstrated experience leading large organization-wide technology processes
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles
- Proven results in delivering creative and innovative business and technology solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Demonstrated strong hands-on software technical work and expertise
- Demonstrated track record of functional innovation and execution excellence in high transaction, high availability and high complexity software ranging from digital software to enabling systems and systems of record.
- Experience in Financial Services/Entertainment/Media/Hospitality Consumer goods companies
- Proven leadership within a complex organization holding a high profile global brand
- BS or BA degree or equivalent in Information Technology related field
- Masters in computer science or related engineering field
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.