Consumer Insight Market Research Internship, Fall 2018 - Orlando, FL
Consumer Insight Market Research Internship, Fall 2018 – Orlando, FL
Consumer Insight, Measurement & Analytics (CIMA) is part of the Global Marketing & Sales organization within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. CIMA influences decision making with integrated, objective, and actionable insights.
Within CIMA, the Consumer Insight team drives value by developing a deep understanding of consumers and Guests that is leveraged to identify improvement opportunities and influence key strategies across the business.
ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life:
- Assisting with qualitative and quantitative consumer research in support of the Disney Parks & Resorts segment
- Partnering with leadership to analyze secondary data sources, design research studies, interpret qualitative and quantitative data, create presentations, and share results with internal stakeholders
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills
- A curious nature and passion for understanding the ‘what’ & ‘why’
- Effectively translate data points into findings
- Creation of compelling presentations and written communications
- Relationship builder, who excels in a collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- A proven ability in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Previous research experience
- Familiarity conducting surveys
- Familiarity with a statistical package (SAS, SPSS/PASW)
- Experience with Tableau
- Prior participation in the Disney College Program
- Current junior, senior or higher obtaining (or recently graduated with) an undergraduate degree in Marketing, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Statistics, Business or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.