Lead Technical Architect
The Lead Technical Architect within the Experience Development Technology team creates solutions to streamline delivery, improve quality and reduce costs of support for our applications. When we do our job correctly we make it easier to deliver high quality applications to our guest and cast members. You should be confident in designing and engineering your own solutions to problems knowing there is more than one way to solve a problem and working through which path will be leveraged on your projects.
We are looking for people who are engineers at heart. Willingness to learn new technologies and help improve our organization is essential for success on this team because one day you are working on a logging library, next we are implementing monitoring, and then we end up triaging an issue with an application in production. Responsibilities
- Build frameworks that are consumed by other developer teams.
- Evaluate technology solutions through research and lab work to select tools to solve a problem.
- Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
- Engage with our customers to hear their needs, collect feedback, and feed that back into tangible solutions
- We are a service provider, so being receptive to feedback and ways to improve are essential
- Ensure the solutions you develop are valuable and being leveraged by the organization
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are of high quality and clearly documented
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities backed with factual arguments.
- Be able to work collaboratively with local and remote team members
- Have ownership over your project and provide appropriate status to leadership on progress and key decision.
- Provide thought leadership, problem solving and analytical skills to solve hard to solve production issues impeding the availability & performance of applications
- Good understanding of motherboard designs, antenna, and readers
- Good understanding of low-level firmware development including device drivers
- Strong C/C++ skills with attention to details for memory management, performance, heat generation, and resource utilization
- Very hands on and deep understanding of the code and coding practices
- General understanding of how the internet works
- Experience with architecting highly scalable and highly available systems
- Experience with emerging technology trends
- Mentors development, operations and program team members on architecture topics (e.g., issues, directions, guidelines, principles, etc.)
- Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with product management, development and operations staff to architect innovative solutions that meet the functional and nonfunctional requirements in adherence to architectural goals and principles.
- Demonstrates expertise in research, often going outside of their area of individual experience. Able to synthesize conclusions from research, compare various solutions and plot complex technology roadmaps
- Broad experience across business, application, information, infrastructure and security architecture domains. Broad experience across business analysis, product design, engineering, QA, operations and sustainment in a large corporation / enterprise environment.
- Deep technical experience in consumer and employee facing enterprise systems
- Exposure to cloud development and migration an added plus
- Desire and ability to adapt to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new languages and techniques for software delivery.
- Passion for learning new things but tempering it with adding value to the company.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously.
Company Overview “It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Attractions Technology means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.