Finance Internship, Parks & Resorts Digital, Glendale-Summer/Fall 2018
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you’ve learned in the classroom through real-world hands-on work experience. Now imagine yourself in a Professional Internship with Disney Corporate. When your extraordinary talents, our renowned legacy and the promise of an even brighter future unite, just imagine the stories you could be part of! ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life…
- Assist with overall financial management of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Digital, Imaging and Public Affairs.
- Provide day to day accounting and financial analysis support for Senior Analyst.
- Perform variance analyses, research; excel schedule updates and special projects as they arise.
- Liaise with internal clients and financial partners throughout the Parks & Resorts Segment and The Walt Disney Company.
Excellent opportunity that will provide entry-level experience and exposure to accounting, finance and business processes within a large, high profile company. Basic QualificationsWhat we are looking for…
- Strong understanding of financial principles
- Proficient with intermediate Excel functions, including formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to provide solutions to problems as needed
- Demonstrated computer proficiency with Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with creating ad-hoc financial models/reports in Excel
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning system (SAP) to extract data and perform analytics using Excel, Access, and other tools
- Graduating Senior or recent graduate (within the last 6 months), studying accounting, finance, or other business related fields
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GPA of 3.3 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available for 40 hours/week from May/June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.