Hotels & Resorts Line of Business Professional Internship - Fall 2018
Experience Planning & Integration Hotels & Resorts Internship, Spring 2018 – Orlando, FL
The Hotels and Resorts Line of Business team provides expertise and consultative support to our Walt Disney World partners to enhance the Guest experience across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts within the front office, housekeeping, and recreation areas. The Hotel and Resorts team supports the development of mid- to long-term strategies focused on the future hotel experience by leveraging Guest and operational insights, subject matter expertise and external research.
ResponsibilitiesMake an Impact by:
- Conducting internal and competitive product research by synthesizing large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data in order to develop a high-level point of view on product strengths and opportunities
- Using the collected data to frame up and execute pilots and implementation of recommendations
- Continued database development and maintenance
- Gathering information and compiling content for long-term planning efforts for the global hotel portfolio
- Partnering with departments throughout the Walt Disney Company to create uniquely Disney experiences
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- A highly organized nature and an intense attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strategic problem solving & analytical skills, with the ability to act tactically
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a rapidly changing business environment
- Senior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Business, Industrial Engineering, Communication, Recreation or other related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Florida based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.