Sr Safety Professional
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Sr. Safety Professional positions serve as a key technical resource and are responsible for development, implementation and sustainment of key safety programs that support operational functions. Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation of targeted safety strategies and tactics.
ResponsibilitiesThis role is required to use sound technical judgment to assess, analyze, identify and solve a broad spectrum of safety issues across a diverse group of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts businesses. Operations supported could include attractions, merchandise, custodial, food and beverage, resort transportation and parking, main entrance or entertainment. The role will be required to drive results by guiding implementation of safety programs, performing job hazard analysis, analyzing injury and illness trend data, evaluating safety performance, and identifying opportunities to continuously improve safety performance. Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and, when necessary, be able to resolve complex issues outside of established regulations. Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix-style environment with all levels of leadership and employees. Basic Qualifications
- 5 + years of safety experience required
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends
- Proven project management experience
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations
- Demonstrated strong consultative and influencing skills
- Proven experience in training delivery
- Industrial ergonomics experience
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- Bi-lingual language skills
- 4 year college degree
- 4-year degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Engineering
- Advanced degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Engineering
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.