Sr Forecasting Analyst (Disneyland Resort)
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts including Ticketing, Resorts, Merchandise and Food & Beverage in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing, promotions and optimization. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
The Senior Forecasting Analyst will be responsible for forecasting Disneyland Resort (DLR) Food & Beverage revenue and related metrics for the long-term monthly forecasts and annual operating plan. Proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate business performance drivers, key metrics, and other tools to provide objective, analytical, and strategic insights regarding the business. Work with partners to understand new initiatives, ensure forecasts/plans include all relevant information, and help influence decision making. Create new forecasting tools and models using mathematical and statistical techniques to determine continuous improvement opportunities.
- Forecasting and Planning – Identify and evaluate growth opportunities and long term strategic vision related to products at the Disneyland Resort
- Position for success - Develop deep understanding of food and beverage line of business and guest demographics, purchasing patterns, and behaviors to deliver insightful analysis to support strategic vision and business decisions
- Put your skills to the test - Analyze large data sets by leveraging SQL, SAS, and Business Objects
- Tell the story - Utilize data visualization techniques to identify and communicate business trends
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Mathematics, Economics, Industrial Engineering or other quantitative field
- Three years of analysis and/or strategy development experience
- Experience working with large data sets and database mining with the ability to leverage that data using spreadsheets, databases, and visualization software. Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g., sum if, vlookups, pivot tables, VBA) and SQL
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to develop and articulate actionable, fact-based insights and recommendations. Deliver this by telling a simple and compelling story to varying audiences to guide decision making
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results and understanding business impacts
How To Stand Out:
- Master’s degree or equivalent
- Five plus years of analysis and/or strategic development experience
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL, Tableau, SAS, Teradata, and Business Objects
- Experience with Walt Disney Parks & Resorts forecasting, planning or pricing processes
Who We Are:
“We make happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.