At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Sous Chef will manage all culinary operations on a daily basis including product presentation; cost control; and timing and execution of quality service and food. In this role you must have the ability to schedule and train all hourly staff; and maintain the cleanliness, organization, safety and sanitation of all culinary areas. The successful candidate will be responsible for motivating and encouraging Cast Members, promoting a positive working environment, and maintaining Disney quality and ethical standards set by the Walt Disney Company.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a fine dining restaurant
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate and manage all levels of staff
- Ability to function in a team-oriented environment
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational skills
- HACCP or Serv-Safe (or similar) food safety training and certificate
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Maintain standards and specifications related to food preparation and food handling on a daily basis
- Demonstrated strong Guest Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflict/resolutionAbility to uphold policies and procedures
- Proven experience and strong understanding of Food & Beverage inventory process
- Proven experience with staffing, training and employee relations
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment
- High school degree or equivalent
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity