Senior Financial Analyst
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Disneyland Resort Facilities & Operations Services (FOS) Finance team currently has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst, who will be responsible for providing financial support and thought partnership to the Facility Asset Management (FAM) team. This individual will act as a Project Controller, who will work directly and closely with FAM Project Managers on multiple projects of various duration and scope throughout Disneyland Resort. This individual will also support ad hoc project work for the larger FOS team.
- Work closely with several FAM Project Managers and act as a key thought partner by regularly reviewing project forecasts and costs-to-date, identifying risks and opportunities associated with project financials, and understanding project scopes by participating in project meetings and job walks
- Maintain and update FAM financial models; approve contracts, purchase orders, and invoices; monitor contract/payment status and assist in closing out contracts; maintain accurate WBS structures; perform journal entries and accruals where necessary
- Develop pro forma inputs for the Integrated Facility Plan (IFP) in support of growth initiatives and expansion projects
- Assist in financial planning and processes for the FAM business, including Long Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and monthly forecasts
- Participate in the preparation of comprehensive business reviews and updates to various Executive-level audiences and partners
- Provide additional analytical and strategic support on an ad hoc basis for various FOS projects and processes
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business, with the ability to proactively provide and analyze data before it is requested and to gather agreement with all partners on relevant issues
- Ensure accuracy of all financial information included in planning processes and financial analysis
- Minimum 3-5 years of finance experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including financial analysis, Excel modeling, and structured problem solving
- Strong partnering, influencing, and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, listening, and communication; high attention to detail; demonstrated ability to influence partners and key business decisions
- Ability to self-manage objectives, improve processes, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately while working in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to think holistically; enjoys solving problems and helping partners; is a collaborative team player with strong intellectual curiosity and willingness to learn
- Prior WDP&R experience, especially in finance
- Knowledge of WDP&R operations and financial processes
- Ability to simplify complex issues and incorporate effective “storytelling” to engage and influence the audience
- Ability to deliver presentations and communication to audiences of all levels persuasively, articulately, and with full command of the topic
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.