At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Occupational Safety positions serve as the key technical resource and are responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of key safety programs for their designated businesses. Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation of targeted safety strategies and tactics.
ResponsibilitiesThis role is required to use sound technical judgment to assess, analyze, identify and solve a broad spectrum of safety issues across a diverse group of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts businesses. Operations include manufacturing, production, warehouse, food and beverage, lodging, construction and entertainment/theatrical. The role will be required to drive results by guiding implementation of safety programs, perform job task analysis, analyze injury and illness trend data, evaluate safety performance, and identify opportunities to continuously improve safety performance. Must be knowledgeable of applicable safety standards and when necessary, be able to resolve complex issues outside of established regulations. Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix environment with all levels of leadership and employees Basic Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years of industrial safety experience required (related industries include: petro chemical, construction, maintenance, manufacturing, hospitality, entertainment/theatrical, transportation, distribution/warehouse).
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends
- Proven project management experience
- Self driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations
- Demonstrated strong consultative and influencing skills
- Proven experience in training delivery
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience
- Bi-lingual language skills
- 4 year college degree
- 4 year degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Engineering
- Advanced degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Engineering
- CSP preferred
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.