At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The Planner position is an entry level position, accountable to ensure that all assigned projects are properly scoped, designed and executed with an emphasis on strict scope, budget and schedule control. Has full accountability for implementation of assigned projects. Must perform accountabilities according to established operating procedures. The position objective is to successfully manage each assigned project from inception to completion. The skills needed to be successful include computer skills and knowledge of construction management processes required to initiate contracts and to follow the progression of a job with correspondence, field directives and all other documentation processes to complete a project. In addition construction knowledge is required to understand what is taking place during a renovation, along with ability to correspond and communicate with our clients to allow as little impact to operations as possible. The goal of this position is to continually deliver projects within approved budget and schedule with the highest quality and in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for contractor submitted safety plans and compliance to the project safety plan. Includes but is not limited to compliance with all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements and FAM SOG’s.
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the project throughout the project life. Includes but it not limited to project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flow reporting and maintaining accurate EFC’s for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis. Lead project estimate development and review with support of Project Estimator. Develop project implementation strategy and schedule with support of Project Scheduler. Obtain funding approval prior to implementation with support of Project Controller.
- Closely manage project timelines and schedules to manage client expectations and ensure minimum impact to Operations.
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION:
- Assemble project teams with internal and external resources to successfully complete all assigned projects.
- Oversee the efforts of all project team members to ensure that they are working as an integrated team in delivering against project goals.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with team members and customers / clients.
- Partner with all lines of business (LOB) to ensure the final product best meets the intended business objective.
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including scope of work, unit costing items, and bid alternates and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
- Responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path task to insure schedule compliance and ensuring proper man loading requirements of the contractor to achieve the desired completion date.
- Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives together as to achieve a seamless project. Including but not limited to timely communication with Business Partners, Clients and management regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Communicate project information effectively to LOB client and all impacted Resort divisions and management
- Technically competent with various software programs such as construction management software and Microsoft suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) Utilize project and contract management systems into the daily operation of the business.
- Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, collection of costing concurrence memos, conversion to change orders and management approval to allow for accurate EFC reporting and timely job closeout.
- Manage project budgets and provide timely project spending updates with support of Project Controller.
- Work closely with Program Manager to accomplish objectives and improve business processes. Focus on continuous performance improvement and efficiency.
- Four year college degree (BA / BS) in Project / Construction Management or related field or 2 years of college and 2+ years of applicable hands on project / construction experience. (Education can be mitigated by proven, applicable experience.)
- Basic knowledge of project management process
- Basic knowledge of construction materials, methods and techniques. Familiarity with all construction applicable codes, i.e., UBC, NEC & UFC
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High importance put on organization skills
- Basic computer skills with familiarity using Microsoft (Windows, Excel, Access, Expedition)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong relationship / interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Basic knowledge of finance in business (budgets, cash flows, etc)
- Ability to read and understand blue print drawings and specifications
- Works independently / Self motivated
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Education can be mitigated by proven, applicable experience.
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity