Pricing, Forecasting & Planning Internship, Fall 2018 - Anaheim, CA
Pricing, Forecasting & Planning Internship, Fall 2018 – Anaheim, CA
The Revenue Management and Analytics (RM&A) team supports clients across Walt Disney Parks & Resorts including Ticketing, Resorts, Merchandise and Food & Beverage in the core competencies of yield management, revenue planning, forecasting, pricing, promotions and optimization. Candidates should have a natural curiosity to understand the "why" behind business performance, take a proactive role in problem-solving, be results oriented, be able to prioritize and be a team player in a collaborative environment.
We Are: The Pricing, Forecasting, and Planning teams are responsible for financial and operational analysis supporting the strategic revenue objectives of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts (WDP&R). Pricing decisions on Tickets, Resorts, Food & Beverage, and Merchandise optimize demand to grow long-term profitability. Forecasting and Planning provides daily, weekly, and annual Operational and Financial forecasts and plans of attendance/admissions revenue, rooms/rooms revenue, Food & Beverage revenue, Merchandise revenue, and other driver-related revenue for the Disneyland Resort. ResponsibilitiesA Day in the Life:
- Consolidating inputs from multiple areas and analyzing historical data to better understand Guest behavior, optimize pricing, and influence forecasts, plans and strategic growth initiatives
- Building complex financial models/analysis to identify trends, patterns and irregularities in key business metrics in order to drive business decisions and influence forecasts, plans and strategic growth initiatives, and better understand Guest behavior
- Utilizing analytical tools and models to optimize business processes
- Preparing financial metrics for weekly and monthly reporting
Basic QualificationsWhat You Bring to the Role:
- Experience collecting & analyzing data and reporting on the results
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral/written communication
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, independence, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Interest in pursuing an analytical career path
- Basic understanding of data tools such as SAS or SQL to perform data manipulation or modeling
- Experience with financial reporting and collaboration/reporting/visualization tools, such as SharePoint, Business Objects, Tableau or similar platforms
- General knowledge or experience in Merchandise Retail, Hotel/Resorts, Food & Beverage or Travel & Tourism
- Knowledge of statistical modeling and related concepts (e.g., regression, ANOVA)
- Junior or higher working towards (or recently graduated with) a degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Marketing or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
Company Overview The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world. Additional Information
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from June 2018 through January 2019.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Housing: A limited number of housing is available for Anaheim based participants. Interns are able to sign up for housing once they have accepted an internship offer.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.