Portfolio Management Specialist
The Portfolio Management Specialist is responsible for intimately understanding the technology portfolio and overseeing the portfolio governance process, analysis of portfolio investments, and reporting to enable effective decision-making and delivery of business value for WDAT. The Portfolio Management Specialist ensures alignment with organizational strategies, leading the selection of programs or projects, prioritizing work, and determining necessary resources for project success. This role is also responsible for the Demand Management processes and facilitating the initiation of projects in the portfolio. The Portfolio Management Specialist collects, analyzes, and presents all necessary information and data needed to make investment decisions for the Technology organization. The Portfolio Management Specialist balances conflicting demands, and allocates resources based on capacity and organizational priorities. The Portfolio Management Specialist ensures that financial support is allocated in support of WDAT goals. The Portfolio Management Specialist serves as a point of escalation to resolve complex problems, and provides guidance and support. Responsibilities
- Performs portfolio management responsibilities
- Establishes and guides the selection, prioritization, balancing, and termination process for portfolio components to ensure alignment with organizational strategy.
- Oversees the intake process of Technology projects through the governance process.
- Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions, and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- Manages the financials of the portfolio of work, monitors actual expenditures, and works with Project Management Specialists and Technology Project Controllers to review forecasting against budgets.
- Provides key stakeholders with timely assessment of portfolio and component performance.
- Guides decision-makers in the review, reprioritization, and optimization of the portfolio, providing key information and data to support portfolio decisions.
- Participates in program and project reviews to reflect senior level support, leadership, and involvement.
- Ensures timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, impacts, and changes associated with management of the portfolio.
- Supports governance and project status review meetings.
- Builds strong relationships with business and WDAT leadership to understand business challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and recommends to Technology leadership areas that need addressing or further investigation, or opportunities for improvement.
- Enables resource demand planning and project pipeline planning decisions, working in partnership with leaders and portfolio stakeholders.
- Manages portfolio management artifacts, decisions, communications, metrics, and reporting.
- Creates opportunities to share Technology successes, and supports and enables decision-making based on data, information, insights, trends, and input from business partners where appropriate.
- Reflects and challenges peers if results are not achieved, and addresses areas requiring resolution.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and support to Portfolio Management Specialists.
- Acts as a point of escalation in solving complex portfolio management problems, and as an internal expert to advise Technology and business colleagues as appropriate.
- Ten or more years’ of relevant experience in portfolio management and/or project management.
- Experience in portfolio management tools, e.g. Clarity.
- Detailed understanding of all stages in a project lifecycle and delivery approaches e.g. waterfall, agile.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) principles, including Portfolio Management methodologies.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and knowledge of financial systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology departments and operational customers and/or departments.
- Experience in demand management.
- Experience in mentoring portfolio managers.
- Proficiency in establishing portfolio management processes.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- Experience in synthesizing complex or diverse data and/or information, particularly for decision-making.
- Portfolio Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience with CA Clarity.
- Four-year college degree in Business or Information Technology-or similar field or related work experience.
The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Bring your individual talents here and discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true. Additional InformationThis position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, an equal opportunity employer.