Part-Time Irrigation Pipefitter
(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $25.91 per hour.
The part-time Pipefitter maintains the Disneyland Resort irrigation systems in locations both in and out of public view. The preferred applicant will have experience in and knowledge of horticulture and how irrigation systems affect the surrounding plants and landscape.
• Performs a variety of preventive maintenance and repair work on automatic and manually operated irrigation systems to ensure proper operation
• Adjusts and performs major and minor repairs on control clocks and sprinkler heads; maintains lines and sprinkler heads clear of debris; rebuilds sprinklers, valves and related equipment
• Replaces and performs major and minor repairs on valves; repairs and/or replaces broken or leaking lines; traces and locates damaged wires
• Performs backflow-prevention-device testing; ensures all testing complies with mandated rules and regulations; installs and repairs backflow devices
• Prepares and maintains records and reports related to daily work activities
• Operates Company vehicles such as trucks, man lift, raft and bob cat
• Operates a variety of tools and equipment used in the repair and maintenance of irrigation systems including small hand tools
• Responds to emergency and routine calls for irrigation systems and repairs
• Observes and implements proper safety practices; performs general clean-up
• Orders and maintains inventory of parts and materials for irrigation maintenance
• Possesses basic computer and written communication skills
Schedule Availability - The shift is 2:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., but must be open to any shift, including holidays, weekends and with any combination of days off.
Must have the professional experience to perform the duties listed under Responsibilities above. (See below for strongly preferred qualifications.)
Since this is not a simple Pipefitter or Plumber position, but is concerned with the irrigation of the Disneyland Resort landscaping, the preferred applicant will have knowledge and experience with the latest limited-water-use irrigation systems, horticulture, plants and their care, and how the irrigation systems interact with the landscape.