Medical Assistant - Part Time
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Medical Assistant works with Disney Providers to both prepare and assist with patient visits. This may include follow up on all prior testing and results to expedite physician review and streamline patient flow. The Medical Assistant will assist Providers for Initial Exams, Re-check Appointments, Medical Surveillance/Regulatory Compliance exams and other types of Occupational Clinic Provider visits. In general, the Medical Assistant brings the patient into exam room, performs intake processes and preps patient for physician exam (including conducting preliminary medical tests - Snellen Eye tests, grip strength measurements, range of motion studies). The Medical Assistant then assists the Provider with medical exams as requested. The Medical Assistant completes the patient visit by fulfilling Patient Care Orders in the clinic as part of the visit.
“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
- Fulfills Patient Care Orders in the clinic as part of the visit. Examples include:
- Ace wrap, dressing changes, ice packs, fitting ortho supports
- Assists with surgical procedures such as laceration repairs, incision and drainage, burn treatment, etc.
- Perform phlebotomy as directed
- Performs EKGs and Pulmonary Function Screening as required
- Fulfill medication and injection orders (under physician direction)
- May assist in coordinating outside referrals for diagnostics, treatments (i.e. physical therapy) and specialist providers in the fulfillment of external Provider orders.
- Requests medical records from other providers as appropriate.
- Provides patient education and instructions as directed by physician.
- Provides restriction and accommodation documentation as required
- Completes all documentation and quality checks to reduce chance of omission and errors.
- Ensures timely discharges for patients by printing and providing appropriate paperwork and next step directions to patients.
- Cleans and sanitizes exam room after completion of patient visit.
- Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintains instruments by sterilizing and prepping as required.
- Provides communications support by answering the phones and providing answers
- Monitors incoming messages and voicemail to provide timely responses to inquiries.
- Scans and indexes incoming documentation received electronically or during face-to-face visits. Performs quality checks to minimize errors.
- Follows up on cancellations and/or no shows as appropriate and reschedules patients as needed.
- Maintains multiple relationships on professional levels to ensure efficient coordination of patient care.
- Utilizes reports or other tracking measures to monitor patient flow and ensure efficiency with a high standard of care.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with general office programs and equipment
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain medical confidentiality
- Flexible work schedule including working evenings, week-ends, Holidays and occasional overtime
- Effective communication as demonstrated through strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with management team to achieve business goals and strategies
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate and Certificate from approved program in Medical Assistant training
Additional Information©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.