Integrated Facilities Planning Internship (DLR): Fall 2018
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern in any of our segments that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We are: Within the Disneyland Resort Design and Engineering division, the Integrated Facilities Planning team provides strategic and project support for the Disneyland Resort facilities. They support the Integrated Facilities Planning process developing scopes and budgets; will assist in the strategy development procedures/reporting of asset / life cycle strategies and multi-year planning. Program development will require the Interns to interface with key stakeholders/in-house subject matter experts including Engineering Services, Architecture and Facilities Engineering, Ride Engineering, and Walt Disney Imagineering ResponsibilitiesYour role as an Integrated Facilities Planning Intern: Support the Integrated Facilities Planning process developing scopes and budgets; will assist in the strategy development procedures/reporting of asset / life cycle strategies and multi-year planning. Program development will require the Interns to interface with key stakeholders/in-house subject matter experts (including Engineering Services, Architecture and Facilities Engineering, Ride Engineering, Walt Disney Imagineering) both at DLR and WDW. Basic QualificationsWhat you bring to the role:
- Prior related work experience is desired, including co-op/intern programs with a focus on engineering
- Demonstrated/proven strong leadership, technical and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative - able to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
Preferred QualificationsExperience with the following:
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship Park Operations cast member on previous College Program
- Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering or related major
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree or post-graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: Please, no rounding) as shown on a transcript. Please upload a transcript when applying.
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a U.S. college/university within 6 months of the start date of the internship for which you are applying for OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.Note: Once you have completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program, there must be a minimum 6 month gap before the start of a new internship or program
Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (forWalt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; forDisneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 to January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
- Click the link labeled “Upload Résumé”
- Be sure your document is titled in this format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcripts)
- Select document type of “Other”
This position is a legal entity of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, an equal opportunity employer.