FT Pictorial Artist
Pictorial Artists are responsible for maintaining the show quality of animated figures and props and requires "Disney Standard" artistic talent and expertise to support pictorial needs throughout Disneyland® Resort.
Work duties include daily field-work at the attractions, to sustain the show-quality levels of existing assets, as well as in-shop work for assets being overhauled and occasional work on new assets while following art direction.
The starting pay rate for this position is: $29.64 per hour. Responsibilities
- Pictorial maintenance of attractions, restaurants, and merchandise locations (interior and exterior) throughout Disneyland® and Disney's California Adventure (or any other locations that may be requested – Disneyland Resort Hotels, etc.). Will travel to sites via cart or bicycle while transporting craft tools and supplies. May climb ladders and stairs, use scaffolding and maneuver around attractions.
- Painting of murals, props, sets, or figures, as needed or requested, for window displays, new projects, attractions, etc. Requires periods of standing, kneeling or sitting while painting.
- Logging of volume of the materials used (in keeping with environmental regulations pertaining to VOCs)
Basic QualificationsSchedule Availability - Availability to work early-morning shifts, Monday-Friday (including any holidays), with occasional shifts on Saturday and Sunday with work occurring during 2nd or 3rd shift, as needed.
Technical Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Provide portfolio for review (during recruiting process)
- Airbrushing and spray-gun skills
- Good working knowledge of various substrates, materials, and paints including silicone, automotive-paint systems and black light paints
- Ability to:
- Draw well
- Use basic tools required of a Pictorial Artist
- Do brush blending
- Transform flat surfaces to a dimensional appearance with shading and highlighting
- Good working knowledge of water-based paints (primarily used at Disneyland® Resort)
- Experience color mixing and matching
- Fine-line and detail brush skills
- Capable of free-hand painting of pictorials - realistic or cartoon
- Graphics and lettering skills
- Strong knowledge of the entire paint process (stripping, prep, priming and finishing)
• Experience painting three-dimensional objects/characters strongly preferred
• Experience in aging, graining, and faux finishing is helpful
Those assigned to the Pictorial Artist position are required to attend an annual Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test.