Food & Beverage HOH Food Prep - Part Time
Food & Beverage Heart of House Food Prep Cast Members are responsible for preparing menu items from recipes.
Food & Beverage HOH Food Prep Cast Members receive a starting rate of $11.50 per hour.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks to order menu items for all meals throughout the day
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix, and/or season ingredients to make dressings, sauces, gravies, batters, fillings and spreads
- Work with food products, including but not limited to eggs, gluten, yeast, tree nuts, etc.
- May wash, peel, slice, scoop, dice and julienne vegetables and fruits
- Prepares, measures, mixes (following recipes) and/or cooks and garnishes basic appetizers (hot or cold), salads, pastas, sandwich fillings, Waffles and other food items
- Some knowledge of cooking equipment such as grill, gas range, electric range, broiler, deep fat fryer, serving table, waffle iron, griddle, skillets and other standard kitchen equipment
- May work in, but not limited to, the following stations: pantry prep station, cold prep station, assembler station, hot prep stations
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Procedures
- May carve and slice meat and cheese
- Produces garde manger work for restaurants
- May prepare sandwiches to individual order or on a production line basis
- May bake, broil, cook, fry or steam food items as required to complete assigned production
- Constantly walking/standing
- Occasionally pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs frequently up to 75 lbs
- Constantly lifting up to 10 lbs, frequently up to 25 lbs, occasionally up to 50-75 lbs (when retrieving bulk items from storage)
- Frequently bending/twisting/kneeling (cooking at different stations, reaching for utensils)
- Frequent use of hands, wrist motion, grasping
- Frequent use of knives, slicers and kitchen mixers
- Works primarily indoors, but may be exposed to outdoors (special events
- when needed)
- Experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant 3-6 months
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- This role is Part Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Bilingual preferred
- Full availability SEVEN (7) days a week is preferred
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world. Additional InformationSCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
KEYWORD: DLR Casting, dlrcasting, DLRCulinary